25 Jul How To Use Track Changes V2
In last week’s article, we examined how to turn track changes on and off as well as how to control how comments and edits appear. In this week’s article, we’ll examine how to delete text with track changes, how to insert text with track changes, how to alter the formatting with track changes as well as how to accept or reject track changes.
How To Delete Text Which Has Track Changes Applied To It
- Highlight the text that you want to delete.
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard. The deleted text will be seen with a strikethrough in the All Markup view.
The Best Way To Insert Text With Track Changes
- Put your cursor at the place where you would like to insert new text.
- Type in the new text. The insertion will be seen with an underline in the All Markup view.
How To Substitute Text With Track Changes
- Highlight the text that you want to replace.
- Type in the replacement text. The original text will be seen with a strikethrough, and the replacement text will appear underlined in the All Markup view.
How To Alter Formatting With Track Changes
Formatting encompasses the font style, font size, font colour, italics, bold font, underlining, superscripting as well as subscripting, indentations, alignment and margins.
- Select the text that you want to reformat.
- Alter the format. Track Changes will automatically show the change with your other markup if you have chosen formatting in the Show Markup area of the Tracking group.
How To Accept Or Reject Track Changes
- Accept or Reject Edits separately from within the Text.
- Right-click the insertion, deletion or – alternatively -replacement text.
- Select Accept or Reject from the shortcut menu.
- Accept or Reject Edits separately from within the Ribbon.
- Click on (or pick) the insertion, deletion or – alternatively – replacement text.
- Choose the Accept or Reject button in the Changes group.
- Accept or Reject All Edits
- Unless you are extremely confident in your reviewers’ expertise, I firmly caution against accepting or rejecting all edits without checking the accuracy of each one first.
- Select the Accept or Reject menu arrow in the Changes group.